The Cuyahoga County Public Library has an excellent set of web pages and features for older adults. I found out about this library website through "Keys to Engaging Older Adults at Your Library: a Toolkit", written by Fatima Perkins (this toolkit was recently sent out to the Aging Services listserv of the American Library Association). This Ohio public library has outdone itself with information, resources, and features for older adults on its website.
Here are some of the features that I really liked about their website:
On the home page:
- There is a link to "Senior Space" their main page for senior information.
- There is a link to their catalog's list of new large print titles.
- a newsfeed for articles of interest for older adults.
- Consumer information links
- Recommended books for older adults with a direct link for each title to its catalog page.
- A link for seniors to email questions to a librarian
- Email signup link - allows seniors to get updates on senior information and they can also choose over 20 additional subjects sent to their email - plus updates about specific library branch news.
- Information Gateway link goes to a page with agencies, organizations, and web gateways for older adults.
- Health Concerns link - health page has not only the usual health links, but also grief resources and an extensive list of sources about long term care.
- Money Matters - financial links
- Business of Living links - jobs, housing, education, and law sites for older adults.
- Leisure - social network for older adults, grandparenting, sports and exercise, travel, and volunteering information.